Pages

Friday, March 14, 2014

[sperrys: the quintessential prep shoe]


You probably knew it was coming sooner or later: my first post about Sperry boat shoes. I discovered Sperrys the first time I went to Charleston (about five years ago) and saw what seemed like everyone wearing them. I  bought a pair at M. Dumas & Sons and threw them on for a day of sight seeing around the city. Of course, I didn't realize you had to break them in, and ended up with blisters all over my feet. Even still, I've developed a love for Sperrys and found that they work for nearly any occasion.

There are lots of different Sperry styles to choose from, but let's start with the Authentic Original Boat Shoe ($85). Sperry was the first to create boat shoes in 1935 and have only perfected them since. After breaking them in, they are incredibly comfortable, and will become your go-to shoe for the spring/summer. As we've mentioned before, do NOT wear socks with boat shoes of any kind.

Depending on your work environment, Sperrys are also a great casual Friday shoe. They're more relaxed than a traditional dress shoe, but still look nice with jeans or chinos. The whole purpose of casual Friday is comfort, and these boat shoes certainly fit that bill while helping to kick start the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment